Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

Got a 07 plate c30 d5 comes up on dash with brake imobilizer…

Customer Question
Got a 07 plate...

Got a 07 plate c30 d5 comes up on dash with brake imobilizer problem see manual iv lost manual she wont fire i thought brake fluid low but fine iv disconected battery put battery back on still no good sounds expensive worried sick thanks jon

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the battery? And have you tested it with a voltmeter?

Batterys 3yr old no not tested it

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your C30 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes just disconecting battery ans locking and unlocking for 10 times

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No cant think of nothing

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Volvo
9/19/2017
Volvo Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 9 months ago
Pete, Technician

Hi Jon my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This indicates a security component is at fault keeping your vehicle from starting.This can be the key itself at fault not being read to allow starting or the immobilizer sensor that reads the key not reading it or even the control unit/computer at fault.

Unfortunately what has to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked with a fully compatible scan tool/computer plugged into your model to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set then need diagnosed to locate and repair this issue.

The cost to have it diagnosed by a shop or dealer with a compatible scan tool can run around $100 in most cases.Then the repair costs will vary depending on what is at fault and can run anywhere from around $50 to over $300 to have repaired.You will need to have the codes read out to be able to locate the fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete