Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

XC90 battery dead and cannot open any doors or back gate or…

Customer Question
XC90 battery dead and...

XC90 battery dead and cannot open any doors or back gate or hood manually or with fob

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?

Do not have access to battery yet due to entire car locked up

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your XC90?

95-96

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XC90 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Car sits unused for couple mths at a time. went to do regular startup and discovered battery dead and can not unlock car for access

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No. just need to figure out how to open car to check battery

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Volvo
9/19/2017
Volvo Mechanic: FIXITMAN, Master Technician replied 11 months ago
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician

Hello my name is***** you confirm the year as the XC90 was not made that year.

sorry. 2005 . XC7

Thank you. Your key should unlock the door as it does not require battery power to do so. If the key does not work then it may have been replaced at one point and does not match the tumbler. If that is the case then you will need a locksmith to get into the vehicle for you so that you can access the battery.