Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

Car just stopped in traffic it was towed to for repair and…

Customer Question
Car just stopped in...

Car just stopped in traffic it was towed to for repair and the fuel pump was replaced after which it stopped again 1 mile from the repair. They took it in again and it stopped on the highway help?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?

The fuel pump was just replaced

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Volvo?

2008 Volvo wagon

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I took it to a repair garage

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Go ahead I'm not sure if the relay was replaced though

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Volvo
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/18/2017
Volvo Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 11 months ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

Okay, they may be using an aftermarket pump that is no good for that car. They need to check the fuel pressure and power to the pump. They should also check for a good spark to the plugs.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Did you have any more questions for me at this time?

Thanks again, Ron

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars now
and keep this link in case you need me again later on.
I don’t get credit for assisting you until you rate me
My goal is to assist you in the repair of your vehicle by
supplying you with well educated information. I may not
always have the exact fix you wanted to hear, but my job is
to get you on the right track, which I always do. I can’t hear,
see, smell or touch your vehicle from where I’m at, so your
understanding of that is greatly appreciated. There are no
magical answers, but I do my best to guide you in the right
direction.