Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a s40 t5 and 08 just got check engine ran codes and…

Customer Question
I have a s40...

I have a s40 t5 and 08 just got check engine ran codes and get p2187 also developed an engine whine any thoughts?

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?

Code p2187

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll pass this info along to the Volvo Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Are you fixing your S40 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just started looking into this have not decided do not like the dealer response

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No but thanks

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Volvo
9/16/2017
Volvo Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 11 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started. If I upload dropbox links, without the app use the box in the top right for direct download.

The whine can you tell where on the engine it is coming from and are there scenarios that make it worse?

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris