Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2012 s-60 turbo, i have a whistling noise when

Customer Question
I have a 2012...

I have a 2012 s-60 turbo , i have a whistling noise when idle . if i take the oil fill cap off, the idle goes up and the noise goes away. do you know whats up??

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your last oil change?

It,s due , oil was low when i checked it today

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Turbo yourself? What have you tried so far?

I havent tried anything yet, it pulls alot of vacuum in the valve cover

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thats it , thanks

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Volvo
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/15/2017
Volvo Mechanic: tech0405, Technician replied 11 months ago
tech0405
tech0405, Technician

More then likely your pcv is clogged and causing too much crankcase pressure causing the noise and also make sure the seals for the variable valve timing are not leaking usually you will get a oil leak coming out of these seals once you have this pcv system issue . I hope this helps .

Pleased dont forget to provide positive feedback for the help provided thank you