Edward
Edward, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I've had 10 years of experience on the car line at 2 Volvo dealerships, Quality level Volvo tech.
29534642

My 2013 volvo S60 T5 (automatic transmission) jerks into

my 2013 volvo S60 T5 (automatic transmission) jerks into gear after letting off of the brakes, to accelerate. Is this a transmission module, or software issue? Otherwise a great car... but I need this to stop immediately. Please help!!!
JA: When was your transmission fluid last checked?
Customer: Not sure, I just bought the car 3 weeks ago. Should I try having the transmission fluid changed?
JA: Are you fixing your S60 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, was going to take to dealer.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's about it, wow thanx!!

Hello and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help.

What is the approximate mileage on the vehicle now? thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
58k miles

Alright, with that mileage I seriously doubt there is any clutch wear that would be bad enough to cause a slipping issue. Volvo says do not service this unit, and the synthetic transmission fluid that they put in it from the factory is good for the life of the unit. So I go with what Volvo says and do not recommend changing the fluid.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
O, what could be causing this... it feels like someone bumped from behind.

What I would recommend is this, find a Volvo dealer that has the Service Advantage program at the dealership. They give one free complimentary software upgrade and it is likely that a transmission software upgrade and resetting the shift adaptive will help this concern. There has been a couple of software updates since your unit was manufactured, I can't be sure what software version you currently have installed in the Transmission Control Module, but it's likely not the latest. So I would call your local dealer and inquire about the free software upgrade under the service advantage program and get them to download the latest software and reset the shift adaptive and I believe that will fix it. It shouldn't cost you anything for that. Does that answer your question? thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
thank you so very much!!!

Absolutely, If your all set please don't forget to rate the question via one of the star icons at the top of the page, If you need to ask us anything else just let us know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Gotcha!