Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2012 Volvo MCT125C keeps blowing the fuse for the air…

Customer Question
My 2012 Volvo MCT125C...

My 2012 Volvo MCT125C keeps blowing the fuse for the air conditioning/heat. The fuse will NOT blow immediately and some of the time it will take a week or more. The AC/HEAT blower fan will work and the fuse will not blow for some time.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do all the fuses have the correct amperage for the circuits they're in?

Yes, this circuit uses a 40 amp fuse and I confirmed it is the correct socket and I am NOT using a slow blow fuse

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '12 Volvo?

MCT125C

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am trying to fix it. I have only replaced the fuse. I don't know where to begin in troubleshooting this type of issue since a short should blow the fuse immediately

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Volvo
9/12/2017
Volvo Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 11 months ago
eric remington

H​ello my name is ***** ***** the ac work properly as in cool well? does heater work properly? does the fan sound noisey?

Volvo Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 11 months ago

d​o you have a way of measuring amperage?

The heat and air work very well and the fan is not noisy. I do can try to measure current but it is not easy to access the back of the fuse panel (I don't actually know how to access it). I am confident it will be less than 40 amps, given that the fuse wont blow right away. The issue occurs some indeterminate amount of time after the fuse is replaced and some hours of operation later.
Volvo Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 11 months ago

a​re you using ac or heat when problem occurs?

Volvo Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 11 months ago

a​c compressor or blower motor are likely candidates...you can put an amp probe at the compressor clutch or at the blower motor

Ok I will check it out
Volvo Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 11 months ago

yeas let me know what you find