Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicle
45790705

My daughter has a 2009 C70 with 94k miles. Warning light and

Customer Question

My daughter has a 2009 C70 with 94k miles. Warning light and bells come on "car key removed from ignition" while the car is running. Does not happen everyday but can occur 2 times on a***** She will press through messages and it will stop and message go away. She is at college. Should we be concerned if not looked at for a few months when she comes home that it will cause further problems?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

That sound like she has , BCM module issue , under steering , common on these models

but if she far away from , let her go to like advance or auto zone and let them check the battery and alternator ,make sure that is working , we nee 12 volts on battery under load and we need to 14 plus volts on alternator when car running and all loads on ,if these checks out then it can wait till few month and it get home then you can have it scanned using a Volvo scanner or equivalent

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciatted

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat