Volvo

Have Volvo Questions? Ask a Volvo Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Volvo

Wow we had just bought a 2006 Volvo S60 and my son was

parked at a Dunkin Donuts...
Wow we had just bought a 2006 Volvo S60 and my son was parked at a Dunkin Donuts parking lot just talking to his friend when the car turned off and never started again. I had all new fluids and had it inspected. Front light wire oto working. After two weeks it is still at the dealers and they have no idea what is wrong with it.
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: Front right head light low beam. Wires fried
JA: Are you fixing your S60 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The Volvo dealer looked at it for over an our and they won't even talk to me now because they don't know what is wrong with it.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: all fluids changed, all inspected but was taking back to get light chnaged. not light bulb but light cable connecting it was fried and need to be replaced.
Answered in 1 day by:
9/11/2017
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

Will the engine at least crank?

I am working with a Volvo mechanic he says there are 8 bulbs out. For 8 bulbs is 350 a good price. Also it isn't running well so I will have to get back to you. The Volvo computer is out and they cannot diagnose.

I would need to know which 8 bulbs have failed to see if 350$ to replace them is accurate.

They said they are all front lights and they need to take the grill off

Thanks, ***** ***** is an accurate price quote for those lights to be replaced. Though I find it odd all failed at once and how that has any connection to the car not starting.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

They tightened up some vacuum two of them. And is thirty dollars accurate for an air filter? They are still waiting on the Volvo computer to get fixed. What are vacuums. Is that part of the engine. It is a turbo charged S60 2006

Vacuum lines are part of the engine. Vacuum is made by the engine and is used to control many things.

That is probably why everything is screwed up then. The car is still in the shop. Make note Nd text me next Tuesday when they have figured out. More with the computer. By then they would have had it almost a month. Will give you and excellent review then.

Thanks

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician