Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

P0300 p0303 p0304 code just replaced all coils, p0300 p0303

Customer Question

p0300 p0303 p0304 code just replaced all coils
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: p0300 p0303 p0304 and iu just replaced the coil harness since the old one was fried from the engine heat
JA: What is the model/year of your Volvo?
Customer: 96 960
JA: Are you fixing your 960 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i pulled the coils when i got a p0300 code coming home from work the number 3 coil was fried the connectors on 4 56 were melted in and the loom on the wire was goner don't know how long it was like that since i just bought the car
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: before this is had power loss and would get hot climbing hills . thought it might be a restrictive cat haven't got to that point since this happened
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Eric replied 1 month ago.

hi,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, on the wiring harness, were any of the wires melted or brittle and missing insulation and bare wires touching each other? and if so, do you remember the wire colors

I am trying to determine if the ecm may have been fried on those circuits due to exposed wiring shorting against each other or the block

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No it was my bad I had plug three and four swapped , fixed that and misfire fixed .
Expert:  Eric replied 1 month ago.

Glad you got it and was something simple