Edward
Edward, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I've had 10 years of experience on the car line at 2 Volvo dealerships, Quality level Volvo tech.
29534642

I have a 2004 Volvo S60 2.5t AWD. We are looking to replace

I have a 2004 Volvo S60 2.5t AWD. We are looking to replace the Fuel Pressure Module and were given to locations. Right side of fuel tank near the fuel filter or in the luggage compartment next to the spare tire. We do not see it in either position. HELP!!

Hello, let me review your request. Please stand by.

Depending on thw vehicle model, these are the two loctions the fuel module is supposed to be.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
These are the same pictures that we got off of our all data system and this module is not in either place. We have the interior apart looking for an access hole

Do you have the vehicle's vin number. I can confirm

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Here it is. Let me know if you cannot read it

I'm having a hard time finding another location of this component. I will opt out and let another expert assist you.

Hello, Eddie here and I will do my best to help. Did you look on top of the fuel tank by chance?

That's where they use to put them until they relocated them to the inside due to the corroding.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The wire to the module goes in through the access hole with a fuel pump is and it disappears somewhere over the rear suspension. We can't even trace it and I'm hoping we don't have to pull the suspension down to find it. Actually one question that I have is can we just relocated to the spare tire and Wood I have to purchase the wiring harness as well. If this is over the suspension I would prefer to re-locate it
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I cannot see above the gas tank and pulling the tank down is not an option

I think it's on top of the tank, and if it's AWD, it's packed in there real good. Give me just one second here to verify please.

I would definitely re-locate it. Here is that TSB.

Here is the shop manual photo. number 43 is the PEM, showing on top of the tank.

I'm sorry 46 is the PEM.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
That TSB does not apply to this vehicle. We sent the car to the dealer and it turns out that this car does not even have a PEM

If it has a fuel pressure sensor on the end of the rail then it's got a PEM, if it does not have a fuel pressure sensor on the end of the fuel rail then it does not.

04 may not. they started in 05 on the 5 cylinders I think. or maybe mid 04.

Edward, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: I've had 10 years of experience on the car line at 2 Volvo dealerships, Quality level Volvo tech.