Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

I've got a 1986 Volvo 240, 4 cylinder, 4 door, she cranks up…

Customer Question
I've got a 1986 Volvo...
I've got a 1986 Volvo 240, 4 cylinder, 4 door, she cranks up with no problems and idles great, but when I give it gas it stalls out, this problem just started
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Volvo
9/8/2017
Volvo Mechanic: Edward, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
Edward
Edward, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help.

It's probably the mass air flow sensor. This is located right near the air box and is in the fresh air pipe. Check the fuel pressure regulator vacuum line to make sure there is not any raw fuel in there. If there is no raw fuel in that vacuum line, try unplugging the mass air flow sensor and see if it takes the gas any better. let me know what happens there.

Enes
Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician