Edward
Edward, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I've had 10 years of experience on the car line at 2 Volvo dealerships, Quality level Volvo tech.
29534642

My Sirius radio will not connect, No. It was out of

Customer Question

My Sirius radio will not connect
JA: Have you checked the fuse?
Customer: No. It was out of subscription and is greyed out when I hit menu
JA: What is the model/year of your Volvo?
Customer: 2010 xc60
JA: Are you fixing your XC60 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'm on a trial but the Sirius won't light up to go to the channels
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: There used to be a subscription when I bought the car
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Edward replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help.

Expert:  Edward replied 1 month ago.

Let's try a hard reset and see if that brings back up the menu screen, can you disconnect the negative battery cable for about 30 minutes and reinstall it?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'll have to do it later when I can park my car in the garage because it's raining out
Expert:  Edward replied 1 month ago.

I understand, battery on the drivers side near the firewall under the hood. Try that for 30 minutes and then reinstall the negative cable and try your menu screen, if that doesn't help, then I believe the software may be out of date. Volvo will give you a free complimentary software upgrade in most places. If that doesn't fix it. I would ask for a complimentary total reload if they will do that If not ask for an infotainment upgrade. I believe that will get the Sirius menu back up. Ask your local dealership if they have the "Volvo Service Advantage" program, which offers one free software update. If that doesn't help, then I believe it could be something internal in the radio itself where it may have to be sent out for repair, but that would be rare for this particular symptom so I doubt that will be the case. Let me know if you have any further questions. Thank you.