Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

Engine management serve required massage. 140000 manual. S60…

Customer Question
engine management serve required...

engine management serve required massage

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

140000 manual

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Volvo?

s60 2007

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S60 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No

Submitted: 12 months ago.Category: Volvo
8/21/2017
Volvo Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 12 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

we need to have it scanned with a capable scanner or equivalent to know for sure why the message for engine management system reporting a fault ,this is done using a capable scanner and retrieve fault codes and based on these fault code we pull up trouble shoot and and know what ysstem is reporting erroe and follow it ,with out that it will be a guess .

now if this was a glitch and car running good, we can try a simple master reset

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconnect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach .

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 30 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

if that does not work ,get it scanned and post fault codes back here for me and i can help you further on it

please read below how to get back in touch with me

YOU ARE WELCOME

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Apreciatted

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation.

Please kindly rate Me ,A 5 Star Rating is Much Appreciated.

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,

You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert

that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please Keep in Mind that when You Rate Me , it Does Not End Our Conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

I 'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till LATE PM Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat