Edward
Edward, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I've had 10 years of experience on the car line at 2 Volvo dealerships, Quality level Volvo tech.
29534642

I have a 2007 Volvo S40 with an error code of P0104 Mass Air

I have a 2007 Volvo S40 with an error code of P0104 Mass Air Flow issue. I would like to know an estimated cost of repair.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Do you have scan tool or a code reader?
Customer: Less than 90000.
JA: Are you fixing your S40 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I want to know what I should expect when I take it to a mechanic.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. Just the estimated cost with parts and labor. Thanks.

Hello and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hello... I have a 2007 Volvo S40 with an error code of P0104 Mass Air Flow issue. I would like to know an estimated cost of repair parts and labor.

Most likely with that particular code, the fault itself is most likely the mass air flow sensor itself, although I would look at the connector and make sure the connections were tight and there were no vacuum leaks before I replaced it.

Is the vehicle turbo or non turbo?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I doubt that it is turbo.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't wish pay anymore to get my answer. Thank you.

Alright, A mass air flow sensor online is going to be around 50-100$ depending on which one you get. Refer to this link.

http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/volvo,2007,s40,2.4l+l5,1434420,exhaust+&+emission,mass+air+flow+sensor,5128

The sensor is easy to replace, and a min. diagnostic charge for diagnosing the code and replacing the sensor would be sufficient. Basically no more than one hour labor or an hour and a half labor tops.

Now the shop will mark the costs of the part up some, but not more than 20% in my opinion. Does that answer your question?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm looking at @ $500 I guess.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you!

I would say 275$ or less. That is at an independent shop. A dealership is going to be more.

Absolutely thank you. Labor to replace I'm showing is .5 of an hour. so not even one hour to put it on.

Let me know if you have any further questions. Thank you!