Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience:  18+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase
20168386

Lock/unlock buttons on my remote for xc90 2008 does not

Customer Question

hello, lock/unlock buttons on my remote for xc90 2008 does not work. or, they work but it takes 50 times presing the buttons, shaking remote to randomly get them unlock or lock the car
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: well it has been a while now while im strugling with that, but past few days its getting extremely anoying
JA: Are you fixing your XC90 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i though i will open the key and try to see mabe there is some dust or smth, but key is too tight together and im affraid to push it open to brake something on plastic case
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that i can think of
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Mechanic01 replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

So you can go to any auto parts store and they will have a battery tester and key fob receiver that will tell you the fob is working or not, with both of these tools they should be able to figure out if your fob needs a battery or is broken

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I changed battery just yesterday. I tried remote just 5 minutes ago and it was working for 10 times in a row lock and unlock. but then there is time when i can stand their pushing lock button 50 times and it does not lock, but at the same time if i press unlock i can hear the sound that it works (you know, even though if the car is unlocked). And other way around.

so your saying the door makes the unlock noise but dosent actually unlock?