Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

I have a 2003 volvo s60 2.5T sedan. It has been fine and

Customer Question

I have a 2003 volvo s60 2.5T sedan. It has been fine and just had a routine oil change on 7/28/17. I went out to leave from work at 8:45 and it work turn over; it chugs but wont fire and now I have a reduced engine performance signal in to left side indicator window but the engine sybol is not lit up on the right side indicator window.
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: I am a 50+ year old woman and don't know what those are. Sorry.
JA: I'll pass this info along to the Volvo Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Are you fixing your S60 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no mechanical experience but I am awiating a ride home 30 miles away and guess it can go to a ford dealer via tow 1 mile away (it was my understanding that the 2003 was owned & built by ford back in the day.)
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: can I do anything to override the malfunction to get it home or to my mechanic?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

With the fault message that came on here as well as the issue that you have described the engine computer has picked up on a fault.This fault is keeping the engine from starting unfortunately.What has to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked using a fully compatible scan tool that will plug in and can communicate with all computers in your vehicle.Once this is done any codes then set need to be diagnosed to then locate and repair this fault here.This has to be done to locate and repair this issue unfortunately.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete