Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience:  18+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase
20168386

Well I took my C30 in for a Check Engine Light and was told

Customer Question

Well Hi there. I took my C30 in for a Check Engine Light and was told the Diagnostic Valve was bad. the car has <60k miles, but warranty says that repair isn't covered. So I'm wondering how long I can put this off, because I don't have $800 for a non-essential...
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: Was on Friday, Off now.
JA: What year is your C30?
Customer: 2012
JA: Are you fixing your C30 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have not tried, just took it in for the code read.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I can't think of anything.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Edward replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help.

Expert:  Edward replied 2 months ago.

Did they happen to mention a leak detection pump. or give you a part number as to what exactly was needed? As long as it's running fine, not overheating, no oil light etc. I would drive it. Only thing is it likely won't pass inspection, but if you get an OBD II scan tool, you can clear the light, drive it for 15 minutes before taking it to an inspection station and if it doesn't set the code in 15 minutes, it will pas emissions inspection. Just depends on what state you live in whether that is a factor or not.