Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

2008 Volvo XC70,, after changing out the car battery the key…

Customer Question
2008 Volvo XC70,, after...

2008 Volvo XC70,, after changing out the car battery the key fob no longer works the doors, the TPMS service light came on and the alarm system doesn't work. Key Fob have new batteries and work. We had the receiver replaced but that did not fix the problem. Your thoughts

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked your tire pressure? Do you have a tire gauge?

Yes we have checked the tire pressure and all sensors are transmitting

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XC70 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I tried and have had a local shop test everything. They replaced the receiver and everything checks.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No we have tried everything

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Volvo
8/2/2017
Volvo Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 1 year ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the fuses have not been checked in all fuse panels for any blown fuses this needs done.If any blown fuses are found the affected fuses need replaced.If this is or was checked already then I would then have the fault codes read out/checked with a fully compatible scan tool to see if any codes are set.If any codes are set then those codes need to be diagnosed to then locate and repair this fault here.This has to be done with a fully compatible scan tool that can read all computers in your vehicle.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We have checked all the fuses and we have read the codes with the scan tool. No solution so far.

Were codes checked with a fully compatible scan tool that would plug into your vehicles data port and that can read all computers in your vehicle for any codes set?Some scan tools will only read out engine codes.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The scan was done by a volvo mechanic and he even upgraded the computer software.

O.k.,this is a difficult question for me to answer myself here.I will have to see if anyone else here can help further.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete