Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience:  18+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase
20168386

On a 2000 1.9t brake system is a vacuum reservoir in the

Customer Question

on a 2000 1.9t brake system is a vacuum reservoir in the system ? also what operates the vacuum pump ,is it the brake pedal, also whear is the control relay located ??? please advise
JA: How many miles are on the car? How old is the battery?
Customer: batt is new 6/15/17 155k miles
JA: What is the model of your '00 Volvo?
Customer: s40 1.9t 2000
JA: Are you fixing your S40 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have located the pump ,tested fine , supplied batt & grd to term, pump worked
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: on the fire wall a wireing harness is to the vac pump also to a relay ,also to a thing under the vac booster please advise
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Mechanic01 replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. How can I help today?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
please advise me of your phone # and I will call u after 9am central time 7 31 17
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
y have not answered my questions are u a parts salesman or a person whom knows how the system works ??????