Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

Opened door, siren alarm went off. Key won't turn it off.

Customer Question
Opened door, siren alarm...

Opened door, siren alarm went off. Key won't turn it off. Later horn started beeping. Key would not stop it either. On dash there is a low battery warning. Walked away and it all stopped

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the battery? And have you tested it with a voltmeter?

Battery was new in car, 2014. Never replaced

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '14 Volvo?

S60

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S60 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Always serviced by dealer. Right now I may try to jump the battery or perhaps phone AAA to put a new one in

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Only that I can't control the the alarm the way the manual says to

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Volvo
Answered in 4 days by:
8/4/2017
Volvo Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 1 year ago
Shawn Few

Hey ,how are you
I seen That your post been sitting for a long time without an answer ,I 'm sorry for your long wait without getting an answer till now
I will try to help you on this issue if you have not gotten it resolved yet
Please Let Me Know
Thank You