sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 17 years dealership experience
9825021

The piston is not retracting as I turn it, 2004 s40 the

Customer Question

the piston is not retracting as I turn it
JA: What is the model/year of your Volvo?
Customer: 2004 s40 the driver side rear spun and retracted and the pass side is not retracting as it turns
JA: Are you fixing your S40 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yup
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I guess not
Category: Volvo
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I'm assuming you're referring to a rear brake caliper piston. If you're using the correct tool which presses inward at the same time it turns the piston, and the piston will not push back in, then the caliper will need to be replaced.

I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help you can reply back here and I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you!