Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

The piston is not retracting as I turn it, 2004 s40 the

Customer Question
The piston is not...

The piston is not retracting as I turn it

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Volvo?

2004 s40 the driver side rear spun and retracted and the pass side is not retracting as it turns

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S40 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yup

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I guess not

Submitted: 12 months ago.Category: Volvo
7/27/2017
Volvo Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 12 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I'm assuming you're referring to a rear brake caliper piston. If you're using the correct tool which presses inward at the same time it turns the piston, and the piston will not push back in, then the caliper will need to be replaced.

I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help you can reply back here and I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you!