sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 17 years dealership experience
9825021

2001 volvo s80 T6 Sputtered and died.motor cranks but wont

Customer Question

2001 volvo s80 T6
Sputtered and died.motor cranks but wont start. Had it towed home
Checked for fuel in fuel rail- good
Checked cam position sensor- good
How do you check the 8 coils for spark?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

To check for spark you would remove one or more coils and use a spark tester such as this one. It is inserted to the coil on one end and the alligator clip end gets grounded. You would crank the engine and watch for spark in the sight glass

I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help you can reply back here and I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you!