Volvo

Have Volvo Questions? Ask a Volvo Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Volvo

Looking for probable cause of crank sensor issue after

Customer Question
Looking for probable cause...

Looking for probable cause of crank sensor issue after replacing transmission on a 2006 s80 t6

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the vehicle stall at low speeds? Does it sputter?

Runs well however acceleration is poor and keep getting code indicating issue with cam/crank position sensor

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S80 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, car ran fine until transmission failed. I rebuilt the tranny and reinstalled it. Engine started but car would not accelerate. Almost as though it was in winter mode. Drove the car a sort distance then the check engine light came one. Found some similar issues on volvospeed posts stating the cars CPU needed to be reset. Decided to take it to a local Volvo shop to have mine reset, but the car would not start until I disconnected the mass flow sensor. Reconnected and the car started right up with no issue. On the way to the shop, the car ran fine and accelerated well. Engine light stayed on. Shop said they couldn't find a problem. They reset the check engine light. Light came back on by the time I arrived home. Car ran fine for a couple of days before exhibiting poor acceleration again. Disconnecting the mass flow did nothing this time. Bought a code analyzer which indicates a cam/crank position issue. Checked timing belt alignment and found it on mark.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just that the car radio no longer works. Not a fuse issue. Could be coincidence or maybe I messed up one of the wiring harness when I removed or reinstalled the transmission

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Volvo
7/20/2017
Volvo Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 7 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

This is not an answer. I have tried for the past 6 hours to get a response to all new and old customers. I have found many that have waited to long are no longer needing help. If you still need help let me know and I will do the best I can.

Enes
Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician