Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

How do I replace a starter on a S40 Volvo 2002 model? Trying…

how do I replace a...
how do I replace a starter on a S40 Volvo 2002 model? Trying to watch a video but the starter is not where it's supposed to be.
6/26/2017
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Ok, I have attached directions as a pdf file. Click on link at bottom of answer to open and download

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

.

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I cannot find out where the starter is on the car

HI,

Did you open the directions I provided? The start is on the front side of the engine facing the radiator. It is towards the passenger side where the engine and transmission meet.