Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience:  18+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase
20168386

We have a customer's 2001 Volvo C70 convertible that she

Customer Question

We have a customer's 2001 Volvo C70 convertible that she pressed the top switch to lower the top, it went only half way down then stopped. Unfortunately it stopped with the rear tonneau cover in the vertical position. This prevents opening the trunk at all, which is where the top control module and fuses are located! My question is - is there any way to lower this tonneau so we can get the trunk open and then we can manually raise the top to get it closed. We have pulled the top switch from the dash and confirmed it is not getting power but currently can't check the fuses in the trunk. I appreciate you assistance.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Is this the cover that folds up during opening and closing process as shown below?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/stsoovdkk61dwx7/c-05-17.gif?dl=0

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I will take a photo of the car and send it to you - is there an email address I can send them to? Thanks, Corey
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi Corey

You can upload the photos here.There should be a link to click on to do this.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Here's two photos showing the tonneau in the vertical position..
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

O.k.,I was worried about that cover as I dont show any info on how this is lowered or raised manually myself but others here may have some info on this.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete