Volvo

Have Volvo Questions? Ask a Volvo Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Volvo

Running very sluggish when you try to accelerate, almost

Customer Question
like the emergency brake is...
running very sluggish when you try to accelerate, almost like the emergency brake is pressed
JA: Have your brakes ever been replaced? Have you checked the brake fluid?
Customer: not recently
JA: What is the model/year of your Volvo?
Customer: 2004 xc90
JA: Are you fixing your XC90 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Brought it to Pepboys but they could not diagnose due to the fact there are no error codes. I put fuel cleaner in it along with premium gas with hopes it may be dirty injectors...running better but it still has this problem
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: It is my daughter's car she uses for college and I know she keeps gas tank on empty
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Volvo
5/16/2017
Volvo Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 6 months ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. I would have the fuel pressure tested due to the fact that she runs it near empty all of the time it could have clogged up the sock on the bottom of the fuel pump with sediments from the bottom of the tank I would also have a back pressure test done to make sure the catalytic converter isnt partially or fully clogged.

just checking in to see how its going

do you still need help? if not it would be nice to let me know. thank you

Enes
Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician