Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

2003 Volvo v70 hood latch stuck closed. It will not release

2003 Volvo v70 hood latch stuck closed. It will not release from inside the car. The cable seems tight and unbroken. I can repair once I get the hood open and see what is going on. Please advise on how to open the hood.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Have someone push down and pull up on the hood at the same time you are trying to release it to see if it releases then.If this was already done with no success let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks! Did the truck. The $24 has already been pulled from my account.

That is great to hear.Feel free to rate my help here or above.A 5 star rating is appreciated.

Thanks Pete