Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

Second opinion] PLS CAN YOU HELP WITH: 1. whining wheel pump

Customer Question

Second opinion] HI
PLS CAN YOU HELP WITH:
hello
1. whining wheel pump in morning until it get warm for 10 min., oil is fine when checked i see the air babels,.
2. when turn in revers to max LEFT ts fill like its "leaping over"
3. ~ 2000 km need to imprinted or need to change discs brakes
tx
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This sounds like a failing power steering pump assembly.I have seen the pump fail in the past before and start to whine like this with it needing replaced.I would check and make sure there are no leaks as the pump can suck air and fluid if there is a slight leak and cause this as well but if there are no leaks then the pump needs replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete