Volvo

Have Volvo questions? Ask a Volvo mechanic for answers ASAP

My radio hasn't worked for awhile and I'm wondering if it…

Customer Question
My radio hasn't worked...

My radio hasn't worked for awhile and I'm wondering if it needs reprogrammed

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse?

We did go through them all a while back and they all appeared fine. Possible though

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Volvo?

2004 s40

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S40 yourself? What have you tried so far?

The lcd screen for the center console was originally not working when I bought the car. So I was able to buy another screen and fix that. The radio has worked on random days in the past but then goes back to just static.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's pretty much it. I just would like my radio to work if possible.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Volvo
5/11/2017
Volvo Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 1 year ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. does your radio have a separate amplifier or is it built into the radio?

do you still need help?