DoctorD
DoctorD, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  ASE Master, AAA State 1st place, Rotary Club, 20 years Exp.
5480360

I have 02 xc70. The a/c fan is still blowing air even if the

Customer Question

Hi. I have 02 xc70. The a/c fan is still blowing air even if the blower switch is off. It's blowing very minimal air and the compressor also turns on and off maybe because it senses that the blower is still running..
JA: How long has this been an issue? How many miles are on the car?
Customer: I just noticed it last week. It only has 40k miles on it
JA: Are you fixing your XC70 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have not tried anything so far. What i noticed is that when it is used for almost an hour that's the time it would start acting up
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I guess that's it. Thanks much
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 5 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I'm here to help 365 days a year, but not every hour of the day. I try to prevent delays as much as possible. Please understand I am not there and can only advise based on what you tell me. Let's get started.

If you verify this is occurring, then unplug the blower, then drive again is the issue still occurring?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I dont know how to unplug the blower. What could be the issue?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
This is the ac blower

If you are not able to unplug the blower then I doubt we will be able to diagnose this concern. I will opt out and let another see if they can help.

Expert:  DoctorD replied 5 months ago.

Are we sure it's not the normal "afterblow" feature of the car? see attachment

Expert:  DoctorD replied 5 months ago.

If you are satisfied with your answer, please take a moment to rate my service as you see fit. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges.