Volvo

Have Volvo Questions? Ask a Volvo Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Volvo

After taking the battery off to charge the car won't start.

Customer Question
After taking the battery off...
After taking the battery off to charge the car won't start
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: Yes their good I was told it may be immobliser and to open & close with remote to reset it,still no joy
JA: What is the model/year of your Volvo?
Customer: C70 2006
JA: Are you fixing your C70 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes just had a flat battery & took it out to charge & now this
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing being told by car computer apart from park assit required
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Volvo
11/23/2016
Volvo Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 1 year ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, when trying to start the vehicle does the security light go out?

Volvo Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 12 months ago

checking in to see how its going

do you still need assistance?

Volvo Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 12 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If it was running fine before the battery died and now will not start then the battery is still suspect. Unless there was a component on the vehicle drawing current to kill the battery then the battery almost surely needs to be replaced.

Has it been load tested?

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician