Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

I get some Sirius XM stations With my 2014 Volvo X60. Sirius

Customer Question

I get some Sirius XM stations With my 2014 Volvo X60. Sirius tried to refresh the signal but it didn't work. Sirius said it's something with the radio setting. I idea what could be the issue?? Bill
JA: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?
Customer: Came with the car
JA: Are you fixing your XC60 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Since you do receive some signals from Sirius but not all and they tried a refresh and that did not work one common issue that will cause this fault here is a fault with the Sirius receiver itself.This receiver will fail internally causing not all channels to be picked up and operated.I have seen this several times before with the receiver and it required replacement to resolve this here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
What's the process to see if the receiver needs to be replaced? Can a Volvo troubleshoot determine if the receiver needs to be replaced? This only effects the Sirius radio, otherwise the radio works fine. How much is a receiver? Thanks, Bill
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

My info doesnt show the cost of the receiver but some can be $300 or more.Since your model is a 2014 model it may be covered under factory warranty to be diagnosed and repaired to correct this here.

A dealer is the one that can usually diagnose this since this is a factory installed system.They can contact Sirius in conjunction with their diagnosis to help diagnose the receiver correctly if needed.They would also need to replace it and contact Sirius to activate it as well.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Is the receiver part of the radio or is it an antenna or device outside the car?
Bill
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

On this model it does appear to be part of the radio itself.Some are separate in the dash area but this model does look to be part of the radio itself.Replacement of this may cost over $500 to have done.But being a 2014 model it may still be covered under factory warranty for diagnosis and repair.

Thanks Pete