Volvo

Have Volvo Questions? Ask a Volvo Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Volvo

The sift lock is permanently engaged and the override is not

Customer Question
working. the override was working...
the sift lock is permanently engaged and the override is not working. the override was working for a day but then stopped.
JA: What is the model/year of your Volvo?
Customer: 98 s70 non turbo 2.4
JA: Are you fixing your Turbo yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i have checked fuses and watched a video of a guy telling me that it could be the shift lock solenoid that is bad.
JA: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?
Customer: just one.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: for now, no.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Volvo
11/14/2016
Volvo Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet for the question fees you have already paid.
  • I can help with this question.
  • Reply and let me know when your able to work on this concern.
  • Since the bypass is no longer working, this means parts of the shifter are likely broken. Can you do electrical diag and repairs on the shifter with my help?

Hello again Chris here,

• Sorry you were not pleased with my help.
  • What would you like to do regarding your question now.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician