Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience:  18+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase
20168386

I have a 95 850 volvo, the heater is not working, no air

I have a 95 850 volvo, the heater is not working, no air flow and there seems to be no power going to the control panel (the lights are off to AC/Rec switches). Any thoughts? thanks so much, Andrew
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: its consistent, some hot air comes out of the vent once the care is warmed up but no power
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: 1995 850 glt volvo wagon
JA: Are you fixing your 850 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'm planning to work on it myself, I've checked the fuses which are good. I read a bit how the blower motor or resistor can go bad but since there seems to be no power going to the control panel, it makes me want to start there.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, thanks so much

i think you should start power stage blower motor resistor i does more than one function it looks like you have that bad install new resistor

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Enes, sorry I haven't had a chance to work on the car, is there a way to test the blower resistor to see if its working? Also would the actual blower motor or ECC Head Control Panel be the problem? If so is there a way I could test those before buying new parts. Thanks so muchAndrew

before you do to much testing i would try buy a used ecc control panel and try that first

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi enes, i do have a multimeter, is there a way I can test for power to the power stage, ECC panel to see if there good. I wasn't able to find any videos online to test these parts but do you know of any? Thanks
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Enes, I replaced the ECC control panel and no changes, no power to the ECC unit. What do you suggest?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Nevermind, I rechecked the fuses and one was bad. thanks for you help