sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 17 years dealership experience
9825021

Alarm keeps going off. Just have used the button on the key.

Customer Question

Alarm keeps going off
JA: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?
Customer: No. just have used the button on the key
JA: What is the model/year of your Volvo?
Customer: 2006 S40
JA: Are you fixing your S40 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It's my daughters and she is at school in another state. Campus security came to her room about the alarm. Was planning on pulling the fuse?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks that's it
Category: Volvo
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Factory security watches the door, hood and trunk ajar switches for activity. If it sees a switch circuit close when the system has not been disarmed then the alarm will go off.

It's possible that a door isn't closing correctly or there is a wiring issue but odds are it has a bad door ajar switch.

In the mean time until it is repaired the doors can be locked manually rather than electronically which will allow them to be locked yet not set the alarm.