Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience:  18+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase
20168386

We have a 2004.5 Volvo S40 T5 with issues. While driving the

Customer Question

We have a 2004.5 Volvo S40 T5 with issues. While driving the car seemed to get hot and shut off. The temperature gauge showed normal. It will not start. The engine will turn but just not start. We've ran the diagnostics check and are getting several generic codes stating the engine is running lean. Codes received are P2187, P0238, P0113 and P0026. The first code received is the P2187. We are needing some direction on where to go from here. Thanks!
Category: Volvo
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call + Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions + Help via Email or Text Message. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Also in checking battery shows 12.3V when we try to turn the engine on the dash lights go out and engine doesn't want to spin
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** the vehicle is stalling and you are getting these codes it is typically because the fuel pump pressure is dropping off until the vehicle stalls. I usually install a fuel pressure gauge to watch the pressure when this problem occurs. It may be a failing pump or a circuit issue. I hope this helps. Let me know if you need anything else.