Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

I think the alarm on my S40 chirps every couple of minutes,

Customer Question

I think the alarm on my S40 chirps every couple of minutes
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Is your battery fully charged?
Customer: Yes but does the alarm normally chirp or is it a continuous blast
JA: What year is your S40?
Customer: 2007
JA: Are you fixing your S40 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The alarm when triggered should usually honk the horn about every other second and honk for about a second each time it honks.If it only chirps this may be an issue with the horns themselves or horn relay in some cases.This would have to be tested further to help locate and repair this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete