Volvo

Have Volvo Questions? Ask a Volvo Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Volvo

Two questions 1. I have a 2007 Volvo xc-70 wagon. Approx

Customer Question
Two questions 1. I have a...
Two questions
1. I have a 2007 Volvo xc-70 wagon. Approx 120,000 miles. The electronics on the car died in Fla a month ago. Car started but all other electronics would not work, ie no dash illumination, windows would not work, no air, etc. Shut car off and left for 20 minutes and car started and everything turned on. Everything still working but a light is on at the dash indicating the air bag needs servicing. Dealership is unable to tell me why airbag light is on because they say I need a new central control module. Charlotte Volvo wants $1300 to replace ccm and then will let me know why airbag light is on. Suggestion re any easier fix?
2. I have 2004 Volvo xc-70 wagon. Approx. 195,000 miles. Approx 8 months ago ABS light came on along with the brake light and the check engine light. Dealership told me that there is nothing wrong with the engine but the ABS module needs to be replaced. Dealership wants $1500 to replace the ABS module. I have been driving car with the dash lights on like a Christmas tree waiting for it to die. I have probably put 4000 miles on it like this but odometer died with the ABS module. Questions any easy fix or can ABS be reconditioned?
3. Can the Central control module be taken out of the 2004 and used in the 2007?
I like to buy new and drive my car into the ground. I know cars have a lot of miles but cars are both kept in great condition and engines run fine so I would like to keep at least one.
I purchased a new Lexus last month and now I gun shy that all the electronic modules will be screwed up on it in 10 years.
Thank You
Bruce
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Volvo
10/25/2016
Volvo Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • I can help with this question.
  • Reply and let me know when your able to work on this concern.
  • The ABS module can be rebuilt aftermarket as well as the CCM, have you checked those options?

Hello again Chris here,

• Sorry you were not pleased with my help.
  • What would you like to do regarding your question now.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician