Volvo

Have Volvo Questions? Ask a Volvo Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Volvo

2008 Volvo XC 70 getting dtc P003F, along with multiple

Customer Question
misfire codes. I believe this...
2008 Volvo XC 70 getting dtc P003F, along with multiple misfire codes. I believe this is a bad cam solenoid, but don'[t know which one. I looked and there is 5 or so sensors under the engine cover. This code says bank 2?? there is ony 1 bank, is it separated 3 and 3 cylinders?
JA: Just to clarify, what codes were thrown?
Customer: P003F, and multiple misfires codes. The car never seems to miss?
JA: Are you fixing your XC 70 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes we have a Auto Sales, but not really up on volvos
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Car has 50,000 miles, we just bought the car. Oil is clean.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Volvo
10/23/2016
Volvo Mechanic: Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH replied 1 year ago
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH

Hi, my name is ***** ***** only have one bank, and one cam position solenoid, and usually with this code, you can remove the cam solenoid and clean it, and it fixes the problem, would you like a diagram showing the location of the solenoid?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Tim yes thanks for the reply I would like to know which the picture of which solenoid is bad. Also the power tailgate when you push the button it closes but immediately opens up after it comes to the end instead of latching can you answer my email I tried to email back to you and it said you were not online

Please dont forget to rate me, so I can get credit for helping, after rating me, you can come back to this question at anytime and ask follow questions at no charge,Thanks,Tim

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is it the one in green? That sensor looks like someone just replaced it? We took that on off and it was very clean. we pit 12 volts to it and it clicks OK? The plastic top of the sensor is a little loose though, I thought if it clicked with 12 V to it, it was working? Also asked why power tailgate closes all the way, then immediately open again? Yes I will rate you.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry for the typo's that is we put 12 volts to that sensor, and it clicks ok.

the top should not be loose, but if the sensor is new, and the code comes back, then it can ony be in the VVT assembly itself, how long have you had this vehicle?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We are an Auto Sales, just got the car. It has 50,000 miles. I think I will try a new solenoid because the new looking one wiggles at the top. What is the part number to make sure I get the correct one from Volvo. Also di you see the question about the tail gate opening back up after closing?.

have you pulled codes from the body control module yet?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No what would I be looking for in the body control module?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Also can you give me the solenoid part number to call the dealer.

I am not at the shop today, but looking online, it should be a part number

36002146 , as for the tailgate, if there is a sensor problem, it should set a code in the body control module,im

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I was looking on line and come up with a different part number? Let me know for sure what the part number is ***** I can call the dealership tomorrow.

I will not be able to look this up until tommorrow, as I said, we are closed on sundays,Tim

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No I just looked at that sensor, The link you sent said "This part is not for your 2008 Volvo XC" I believe that one is the old 5 cylinder solenoid
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok email me part number when you can tomorrow. Thanks Robert.
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH