Volvo

Have Volvo Questions? Ask a Volvo Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Volvo

The sunroof on my 2013 xc60 stopped working after battery

Customer Question
had to be jumped off. JA...
The sunroof on my 2013 xc60 stopped working after battery had to be jumped off.
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: Battery is fine. My son cleaned his moms car for her and left the interior lights on.
JA: Are you fixing your XC60 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I tried putting the key in and holding the start button, also turning car off and on multiple times.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That would be it
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Volvo
10/14/2016
Volvo Mechanic: Jerry, Master Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Jerry, Master Mechanic

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I am reviewing your question and will reply shortly, thanks.

There has been a factory service bulletin for that.

The XC60 sunroof may stop operating after being exposed to low voltage for 30 minutes or more.

This is most often seen in vehicles that have needed a jump start due to their batteries being drained while on display, in storage, in transit, left with ignition on, etc.

After the reset the initialization has to be done as well, thanks

Enes
Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician