Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2004 Volvo S80 AWD.I have a problem that seems to

I have a 2004 Volvo S80 AWD.I have a problem that seems to happen when I drive over a bump.The gauges on the Interment panel shut down the message comes on saying the left rear door is open and the dome lights comes on power brakes and power steering go out.I shut the car off all the systems that I describe to you clear up but on the message it shows that the SRS airbag service urgent is on.I have had it at the dealer many times the first time they replaced the Instrument cluster that fixed it for about a year.Same thing happened again I took it back to the dealer they reset the message checked wire connections and grounds and it happened again with in a week.I had it back to the dealer twice after that same problem.The last time they replaced the Instrument cluster under warranty with in a week same problem.Ounce the message is reading air bag urgent service I don't have the issue I first describe. The dealer doesn't know what to do next.It is a good car I don't want to junk for this problem.
Thank you
Jim

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Do you know which air bag code is storing? I ask because I can check that circuit involved to see if its connected to the other concerns from a wiring issue causing all of these concerns.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
00D5 code

Thanks, ***** ***** is for the signal lamp malfunctioning inside the instrument cluster and you have a cluster issue. So this does not help, not your fault. Any way you can get the cluster out and wiggle the wire harness and connectors to it while the car is running to see if this makes it mess up?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I had it at the Volvo dealer and I'm on my second cluster

Any way you can get the cluster out and wiggle the wire harness and connectors to it while the car is running to see if this makes it mess up?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
OK I took it to my friends auto shop had him reset that error message took out the cluster wiggled the connector tapped on it with the end of the screwdriver to try to simulate a bump in the road and could not get it to act up

The only thing I can see left to try is to remove and re-seat the fuses involved and sand the ground connections for the cluster.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hey Chris would you be able to point me where the ground for the cluster is and which fuse number that I should be looking at.

Fuse 24 left side of the dash.

The grounds are to the left of your left foot in the drivers seat behind the kickpanel.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
OK thank you I will work on it this weekend and get back to you . Do you know what you said I should be looking at?

Do you know what you said I should be looking at? You lost me.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I'm sorry I didn't catch the first part thank you for your patience

Your welcome

Are you still needing assistance or were you pleased with my help?