Volvo

Have Volvo Questions? Ask a Volvo Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Volvo

I have a 2000 Volvo S80 T6. I have a no crank no start

Hi, I have a 2000...
Hi, I have a 2000 Volvo S80 T6. I have a no crank no start condition, the computer cuts the ground to starter relay when key turned to start postition. I can ground relay directly and it it will crank but there is no injector pulse. With Vida connected to the car, under immobilizer tab in the CEM the info is below.
VIN-CODE OK - NO
ID CODE STORED - NO
ID CODE RECIEVED - YES
ECM START SIGNAL - POSITIVE
ECM DATA RECIEVED - NO
IMMO. MODE - NORMAL
KEY NUMBER - NO. 1
NUMBER OF KEYS - 0
RANDOM CODE TO TP - NO
RESPONSE FROM TP - NO
10/6/2016
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

No start signal from the computer and no injector pulse means the computer is not getting all the powers and grounds it needs, computer is bad, or it is in theft mode.

What does the theft light do with the key on?

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The theft light does not come on, just the check engine light, there is one code stored, ECM-720A. It says something about immobilozer communication, which is anti-theft?? I have access to Vida dice 2014d, so I can get more info for you if it helps. I assume since it says 0 keys stored that maybe the car needs to be reprogrammed or maybe just keys?

I noticed that as well (no keys) reprogramming 2 keys to the vehicle maybe all that is needed.

Possible Source

Faulty signal:

• the engine control module (ECM) is not programmed and has no immobilizer code
  • the immobilizer code in the engine control module (ECM) is incorrect
  • the immobilizer code in the central electronic module (CEM) is incorrect
  • the central electronic module (CEM) is not programmed and has no immobilizer code
  • the central electronic module (CEM) is defective
  • the engine control module (ECM) is defective.

Signal missing:

• open-circuit in the communication between the central electronic module (CEM) and the engine control module (ECM).
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Does the car need to have 2 keys programmed to it to start? And do I have to take the car to the dealer to program the keys or can they do it with just the keys?

The vehicle and the keys must be together plus a scan tool to program them. If no keys are currently programmed to it then 2 keys are needed. Some mobile locksmiths can come to you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is there any tests I can run with Vida dice that will help verify the issue? The goal is obviously to spend as little money as possible. I would hate to spend $150 to program keys for it to not work and have to guess on something else.

If your tool can program keys to a vehicle then you could avoid a tow.

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician