Volvo

Have Volvo Questions? Ask a Volvo Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Volvo

My right turn signals are working but nothing's happening on

Customer Question
left signals it just blinks...
My right turn signals are working but nothing's happening on left signals it just blinks rapidly
JA: Have you checked the fuse?
Customer: Yes
JA: What is the model/year of your Volvo?
Customer: 2000 s80
JA: Are you fixing your S80 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I checked fuses and replaced all bulbs on left side
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Volvo
9/18/2016
Volvo Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 1 year ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Chad
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Any idea where else to look?

1-Driver side instrument panel , please check these 2 relays

2-CSH1 RELAY left hand turn signal

3-CSH2 RELAY right hand turn signal

4- The CEM (Central electronic Module ) is the control unit for them

5- if the relay and the fuse and bulbs are good and no power coming to relays , then CEM module needs inspected .(changing this module will require programming .

6- If all above are good , that leaves the turn signal switch itself

The central electronic module (CEM) is located as a separate unit in the relay box. - Loosen the screws, 2 pcs.

- Insert a screwdriver up between the bracket and the relay box. Turn the screwdriver so that the bracket expands and, at the same time, pull the relay box from the bracket towards the underside of the dashboard. - Lift away the relay box from the bracket and pull it downward under the dashboard.

Let me know if you need anything else on it , just reply back here & we can continue.

if you are good , Please Kindly rate me.

Hope I was helpful to you

A 5 Star Positive Rating is Much Apreciated

This Post Will Stay Open for You To Come back and Ask me Any Follow Up Question You May have on this issue , even after you rate me

Thank You

Chad Farhat
ASE Certified Tedchnician

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Where is the left hand relay?

IT WILL BE CSH1 IN THE RELAY BOX , LIKE IN THE DIAGRAM I SENT YOU different link for it to my dropbox so you can zoom in on it and see it .

it will be 3 skiny relay , will csh1, csh2 csh3 . csh1 is the left hand

https://www.dropbox.com/s/genie2qw5z2fh5x/VOLVO%20TURN%20SIGNAL%20RELAY.gif?dl=0

let me know if you can see it now ,with new link

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat