sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a problem with the code of the radio... my volvo is

Customer Question

hello! I have a problem with the code of the radio...
JA: Has the battery been recently disconnected? Have you checked the manual or the glove box for the radio code?
Customer: my volvo is 15 years old... no way to get the code on the manual...
JA: What is the model of your '15 Volvo?
Customer: volvo v40 - 2001
JA: Are you fixing your V40 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, I know hot to get the radio out...
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, I'm fine.. thank you very much...
Category: Volvo
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Radio serial number is ***** 1208E120D -
car VIN is: YV1VW78821F724191
2001 Volvo V40
Thank You
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are a couple ways you can obtain the radio code if you don't have it.

One would be your dealer. With the VIN, serial and proof of vehicle ownership the parts or service department will be able to supply the code.

Another option would be this site.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I needed the code NOT HOW TO GET THE CODE... I'm not satisfied at all... especially to read an answer everybody knows when I've already paid 24 €... bad deal! I'm going to ask for a refund...

I gave two sources to obtain the code. This is JustAnswer.com, a question/answer site rather than a radio code retrieval site. Some experts do sometimes post radio codes but it's against corporate policy and your question was up for an extended time, far longer than the site has deemed acceptable, because either no experts currently active on the site are able to obtain or none feel comfortable posting the sensitive information.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
sir, two sources where I have to pay again in both cases...after I already paid this site... Paying online for a code is fine, this is why I paid You. Paying a car dealer is fine but because I didn't want to go to the car dealer this is why I paid You. Paying you to know I need to go to pay the car dealer or going online to pay again for the code...this is ridiculous because these are obvious information that has not a value of 24€.

I apologize that noone here was able to supply the radio code, but as I mentioned this is not an official venue to do so. Corporate policy prohibits releasing radio codes without verifying vehicle ownership and they are not to be posted in public venue such as this. Your question was up for an extended time and was seen by dozens of experts who were unable to provide the code.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I can display the proof of ownership and every other detail but the point is that I need the four digit pin code, if You can help me just let me know what you need to get it...

I'm not personally able obtain the code, your question was seen by dozens of other experts who were also unable to help. I would recommend your dealer or www.radio-code.com, which are official and authorized sources to supply the code.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I really hope someone from you website will give me the code...