Volvo

Have Volvo Questions? Ask a Volvo Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Volvo

A couple of days ago the top wouldn't lower because the

Customer Question
liner was tangled. I...
a couple of days ago the top wouldn't lower because the liner was tangled. I managed to free the liner and lower the top. It has worked several times since. Today I tried to reconfigure the liner with the top down so that it was a little nicer looking. I managed to rectangle it, I'm guessing, and couldn't get the top up so I tried to raise it manually...as rain was moving in. I wasn't able to get it up completely so I tried to reset everything manually and try the switch again. The switch was blinking, stopped, but now I cannot get the top to raise.
JA: What is the model/year of your Volvo?
Customer: 2003 c70
JA: Are you fixing your C70 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just what I had described originally
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Volvo
9/1/2016
Volvo Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 1 year ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In some cases a fault code may have set related to this fault here that may need cleared out with a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers to correct this issue.It may also be a fault with one or more micro switches for the roof system that may be faulty needing replaced as one may have been damaged.

The fault codes need checked with a fully compatible scan tool to see what codes are set.Once this has been done any codes set need diagnosed to help locate and repair this issue here or cleared out to see if this resolves the fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician