Volvo

Have Volvo Questions? Ask a Volvo Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Volvo

Bad codes. Model year 2000, Failed emission test. P1171,

Customer Question
Bad codes. Model year 2000 JA...
Bad codes. Model year 2000
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: Failed emission test. P1171, 1174, 1181, ,1184.
JA: What is the model of your '00 Volvo?
Customer: S80 T6
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing tried yet. Would like to fix ourselves.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Not that I can think of.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Volvo
8/31/2016
Volvo Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

There are diagnostic steps for these codes which i have and can share but I want to make sure that is something you feel like you can even do. Does your tool do more than just read codes, can it monitor readings?

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician