Volvo

Have Volvo Questions? Ask a Volvo Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Volvo

My 2004 xc90 was side swiped on the drivers side from

Customer Question
driver's door to front 1/4...
my 2004 xc90 was side swiped on the drivers side from driver's door to front 1/4 panel. very little body damage, but a few days after that, I started losing electric components like: mirrors didn't want to fold in, dash lights come and go, lost speedometer and turn signals. warning lights have come and gone. I have replaced the battery but that has not solved the problem.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Volvo
8/30/2016
Volvo Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 1 year ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Inspect and make sure no wiring was damaged leading from the body to the door at the hinge area.If any wiring is found to be damaged in any way this will need repaired to correct this fault here.If this is or was checked and found o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i checked.....no wires seem to be damaged...i even wiggled the wiring harness and no change.

Have you had the fault codes checked at all to see what codes are set with this issue here?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hey Pete, just wanted to add......while driving to my office i heard a clicking sound in the dash on the left side where the light switch is.......and noticed my left front light was blinking.but still never had some lights,while others did work.

This is a tough issue to point out from here.I would follow the battery cables to where they run and connect to and see if any connections are found to be loose or corroded in any way causing this fault here.Especially at any fuse panel power input connections.I have seen loose and corroded connections cause this here.

It may just be coincidence with the collision that this is occuring and not related to it in any way.

But this does sound like a major power or ground loss issues here and I would have all of these connections checked.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i will check that and get back with you

Sounds good.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician