Volvo

Have Volvo Questions? Ask a Volvo Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Volvo

My Volvo is smoking too much by the exhaust. 200k, 1998 s70

Customer Question
my Volvo is smoking too...
my Volvo is smoking too much by the exhaust.
JA: How many miles are on the car? How has your mileage been lately?
Customer: 200k
JA: What is the model/year of your Volvo?
Customer: 1998 s70 glt
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes I am
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: i repaced the crankcase ventilation system
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Volvo
8/27/2016
Volvo Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Is this oil, coolant, or fuel smoke?

Are you needing to add coolant or oil?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I replace the head gaskets because I though it was coolant goin in to the cylinders but it still kept going then I replace the radiator because it was mixing the oil and the coolant and the last thing I did was to replace the pcv system on it. so it keeps doing it still. is a white smoke

Does it misfire while running or run rough or poor?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
when I am running it it runs good and it starts right away too that's y I cant figure it out.

Thanks, ***** ***** still mixing oil and coolant?

Can you run a compression test?

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No I wasn't happy because you didn't help at all

Thanks for letting know. Sorry you could not reply on the 26th

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician