sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

My car is a 2010 volvo s40 t5, started well but turns off

Customer Question

my car is a 2010 volvo s40 t5, started well but turns off for no reason.
the scan indicates the following codes CEM-DE11 - CEM-8F21
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Justanswer. Thank you for your question and I will assist you with your concern.

The diagnostic trouble code (DTC) indicates a fault in the communication across the CAN network and does not isolate an individual node. This code is likely setting due to the fault code CEM-8f21, are you having a problem with your wipers?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
thank u Ron,indicating codes are as follows CEM-DD30, CEM-8F21, CEM-8FB2, CEM-D11, the car turns normal, but after a few minutes turns off and the immobilizer is activated,
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

If you clear all of these codes and rerun the car which one reset?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Erase codes and appears cem-DD30, CEM-11
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

The code CEM-DD30 indicates you have a wiper motor module concern. I find no listing for a CEM-11. Are you having a wiper concern?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
THE WIPERS WORK WELL, THE PROBLEM IS THAT THE VEHICLE STARTS AND AFTER OFF, the immobilizer is activated, the code is CEM-DE11
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
CODE ERROR- CEMDE11
COMMUNICATION WITH THE ENGINE CONTROL MODULE (ECM) SIGNAL MISSING
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Im going to have to open the post back up , I have no information on this code. Some one should be along shortly if they can help you.

Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The communication codes may be setting due to the engine controller going down. It may be failing or losing a power or ground feed.

Does the engine die while driving or does it only start and immediately die repeatedly?