Volvo

Have Volvo Questions? Ask a Volvo Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Volvo

My car is a 2010 volvo s40 t5, started well but turns off

Customer Question
for no reason. the scan indicates...
my car is a 2010 volvo s40 t5, started well but turns off for no reason.
the scan indicates the following codes CEM-DE11 - CEM-8F21
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Volvo
8/15/2016
Volvo Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Justanswer. Thank you for your question and I will assist you with your concern.

The diagnostic trouble code (DTC) indicates a fault in the communication across the CAN network and does not isolate an individual node. This code is likely setting due to the fault code CEM-8f21, are you having a problem with your wipers?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thank u Ron,indicating codes are as follows CEM-DD30, CEM-8F21, CEM-8FB2, CEM-D11, the car turns normal, but after a few minutes turns off and the immobilizer is activated,

If you clear all of these codes and rerun the car which one reset?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Erase codes and appears cem-DD30, CEM-11

The code CEM-DD30 indicates you have a wiper motor module concern. I find no listing for a CEM-11. Are you having a wiper concern?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
THE WIPERS WORK WELL, THE PROBLEM IS THAT THE VEHICLE STARTS AND AFTER OFF, the immobilizer is activated, the code is CEM-DE11
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
CODE ERROR- CEMDE11
COMMUNICATION WITH THE ENGINE CONTROL MODULE (ECM) SIGNAL MISSING

Im going to have to open the post back up , I have no information on this code. Some one should be along shortly if they can help you.

Volvo Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The communication codes may be setting due to the engine controller going down. It may be failing or losing a power or ground feed.

Does the engine die while driving or does it only start and immediately die repeatedly?

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician